BlackBerry 10 and BlackBerry 7 OS: 5 Key Hardware Differences


By now, most of us know that BlackBerry 10 devices are different animals from their earlier counterparts. I still love my BlackBerry Bold 9900 smartphone, and it still works great. In the spirit of my dueling BlackBerry devices, I thought I’d share five quick things I’ve noticed as being big hardware differences between my BlackBerry Bold 9900 and the new BlackBerry Z10.

  • Front-Facing Camera. I love having a front-facing camera for video conferencing, and I found myself wanting it on my BlackBerry Bold smartphone so I wouldn’t have to grab my BlackBerry PlayBook tablet. It’s a small thing, but to me it’s an important feature.
  • 4G LTE. Availability of 4G speeds depend a great deal on your carrier, but the download speeds I’ve noticed on the BlackBerry Z10 definitely make videos and sharing faster and smoother.
  • Apps and Games. While I definitely had a great collection of apps and games on my BlackBerry Bold smartphone, the graphics and processing capabilities of the BlackBerry Z10 are just that much better. What I’ve found in BlackBerry World is an awesome collection of fun and high quality games and productive apps that help me get through my day.
  • Screen Resolution. Can we talk about 356 pixels per inch for second? It’s gorgeous. I remember being blown away by the 286 pixels per inch my BlackBerry Bold smartphone sported, but 356 is so much sweeter. And don’t get me started on the 1080p HD recording versus the BlackBerry Bold 9900’s 720p.
  • Storage. Now that I’m grabbing more music and movies while traveling (thanks, 4G and retooled BlackBerry World), I appreciate the 16GB of onboard space versus the 8GB my BlackBerry Bold smartphone had. (Side note: Remember when 2GB was a ton of space?)

Of course, since BlackBerry 10 is an entirely new OS, there are also a ton of user experience differences, but these five hardware goodies offer their own slice of mobile deliciousness as well.

Which BlackBerry Z10 hardware features are you enjoying? Share your comments below!




0 comments:

Copyright © 2012 Ingonet.